Sophie’s Dish’s Top 10 Highlighters 2013 #sophiesdish #makeup #highlighters #glow #beauty
Sophie’s Dish Top 10 Highlighters for 2013
Something about makeup highlighters and luminizers just make me giddy with excitement! I’ve really been on kick to find that perfect subtle luminous look. This is a recap from my collection, what I loved in 2013.
- The Balm Mary Lou Manizer aka the luminizer (shimmery champagne)
- Hard Candy Honeymoon Peach Blush (pale peach)
- F21 Love & Beauty Bronzer (pale pink, champagne, bronze, golden)
- Milani Illuminating face powder in 01 amber nectar (bronze peach)
- NYX Mosaic powder in 01 highlighter (iridiscent white)
- Stila all over shimmer duo kitten (pale pink, peachy gold)
- Hard Candy Bronzer in Tiki ( champagne)
- Dior Amber Diamond (champagne)
- Physician Formula in Malibu Strip (champagne)
Physician Formula in Sunset strip (bronze)
Swatched in Order from Above – Part 2
This list is in no particular order but rather a compilation of my favorites. Each one is a gem in my collection. None of them have any large particles of glittery or shimmer. Some have more shimmer and some have more sheen.
The Balm Mary Lou Manizer aka the luminizer $22 – Online
This one pacts full pigmentation and really smooth to apply.
Hard Candy Honeymoon Peach Blush (pale peach) $8 – Walmart
I love this baked blush for it’s subtle sheen and beautiful color. I find it is way too light to be a blush on my complexion but it’s perfect as highlight.
Love & Beauty Bronzer (Limited Edition Release) $6 – Forever 21
The best of all worlds, this highlighter goes from pale champagne to bronzey golden sheen.
Forever 21 often puts out highlighter quads for short period but keep an eye out because they are known to release their products through out the year.
Milani Illuminating face powder in 01 Amber Nectar $10 – CVS
This highlighter has been well-loved as the originally etched roses are fading from existence. I love the packaging and overall design of this powder. It looks so luxurious and beautiful. I really like to use all over the face for a nice glow. It comes in 3 shades.
NYX Mosaic powder in 01 highlighter $7 – Online / Ulta
This little powder doesn’t look like much in the pan but it gives off a beautiful iridescent sheen. I tend to swirl all the colors together and it really is a must have in my collection.
Stila all over shimmer duo kitten $22 – Sephora
I found this recommendation while reading Mimsy’s Blog. I’ve known Stila’s infamous kitten mostly as eye shadow before I found this highlighter. I really enjoy using this one as I can layer them. It is all too pretty to bear.
Hard Candy Bronzer in Tiki $9 – Walmart
I read about tiki often in beauty blogs as the dupe for dior amber diamond, lorac perfectly lit powder or some other high-end highlighter. This highlighter is unusual named a bronzer though it definitely a light champagne-gold glow. It’s hard to come back as it is always out of stock. I guess what is impressive is that this product can be a dupe but it also can stand it’s ground for being truly awesome product. It’s finely milled, great value and I don’t think I’ll ever hit pan on this baked goodie.
Dior Amber Diamond $45 – Sephora
This is a cult favorite that I have been lusting for and I bit the bullet during Sephora’s Friends & Family sale. It is incredibly luxurious and fancy. It comes in its’ own dust bag. There’s plenty of dupes out there but if you can afford it, the original is something to be desired. It allows you variety of highlighting shades and different uses.
Physician Formula in Malibu Strip $10 – CVS
It is a very nice drugstore highlighter, bronzer and can be used as eye shadow.
Physician Formula in Sunset strip $10 – CVS
It’s got a bit more pink tones compared to Malibu and I find it gives a softer appearance. I recently also picked up the Vegas strip highlighter so I’m keen on testing that one out too.
Honorable Mention – Cream based Highlighters
- Rimmel Wake Me UP Instant Radiance Shimmer Touch (Flush of Pearl) $7 – Walmart
- Benefit Watt’s Up Highlighter (creamy pinky champagne) – Sample Size, $30 retail full size
Whew, what a list of highlighters! I hope you find some news ones you might take out for a whirl. <3
* All items were purchased by me with my own money *
- beauty | Benefit Watt's Up Highlighter | best | champagne | Dior Amber Diamond | F21 Love & Beauty Bronzer | glow | Hard Candy Bronzer in Tiki | Hard Candy Honeymoon Peach Blush | luminizer | makeup | Milani Illuminating face powder in 01 amber nectar | NYX Mosaic powder in 01 highlighter | Physician Formula in Malibu Strip | Physician Formula in Sunset strip | powder | Rimmel Wake Me UP Instant Radiance Shimmer Touch | sheen | shimmer | Stila all over shimmer duo kitten | The Balm Mary Lou Manizer aka the luminizer | top 10 highlighters