STILA In The Moment Palette Review – Now Sale $20 @ ULTA #makeupdeals @StilaCosmetics
STILA Discontinuing Palette
I wanted to get this review out sooner than later because Stila appears to be discontinuing their “In the ___” cardboard-style eye shadow palettes for their newer palette line. I am seeing palettes from this line being 50% sale from various retailers. This includes In the Light (neutrals), In the Moment (purples), In the Garden (Greens), and In the Know (mattes). For current sale as of 11/16/14 – ULTA click here only $20!!!
I picked up this palette last year and I can confidently say this is my favorite purple palette in my makeup collection. I have a lot of palettes. I’m sort of a palette junkie. I think it’s just because palettes are my ideal makeup packaging, value and variety all wrapped up in one.
What makes this a excellent palette?
When I am looking at any palette it is about the quality of the product, the variety of the palette, the versatility of the shades and the overall packaging. I often find that purple eyeshadows tends to be chalky or not have much color payoff. I found these eye shadows to be pigmented, true to color and smooth. I like how there was a variety of different purples and still very neutral / wearable eye looks could be created. It contains matte, satin and shimmery finishes. There’s was also a nice purple eyeliner included (not pictured)
- Instinct – light baby pink with pink & white shimmer
- Desire – soft, creamy mid-tone pink
- Impulse – pale lavender with lavender shimmer
- Wonder – mid-tone flesh pink with shimmer
- Glance – intense violet with shimmer
- Spontaneous – soft beige-gold with shimmer
- Improvise – deep plum with pink sparkle
- Whim – soft warm reddish-brown with shimmer
- Catalyst – black with pink sparkle
- Captivate – mid-tone purple-brown with golden pearl
- >> It includes a smudge stick eyeliner pencil in Tetra (purple)
I think my favorites are glance, wonder, spontaneous, and captivate. Oh but I also do like instinct and desire. Actually I just really like all the colors in this combination. This is one of those palettes that if you like neutrals and purples, I would totally get this palette before it is gone forever. It would be great for everyday use or as even a holiday gift. It’s such great value compared to buying singles and I think you would really enjoy it.